Monday, August 18, 2014

Chasing Butterflies

Chasing butterflies ,back in 2009 when things were so much easier. Today makes 3 months since Rich died. As I said before, it seems much longer. My aunt told me this evening that some of her worse times were more recent than when she first lost my uncle, which has been years since Uncle John died. I don`t think mine can get any worse really.
I`ve been whacking weeds left & right ,working the ground like a fool. When I finally get the little part of our yard that is not woods into shape, I need to get at the bedroom & start painting it & getting rid of his clothes, which are still laying haphazardly about the dresser ,mainly on top, as he could never ever find anything ,he used all of the dressers but kept the clothes he wore everyday on the top of 1 dresser.He had 3 dressers, me just 1, I had mine in totes & cramped in the closet. I think it was because he kept changing jean sizes he had to have so much room.
My son came out today & cooked me supper. He revamped the bird gym my brother built for me. I thought the gym would be fine, but Melissa the macaw kept getting down somehow. She horribly bit through Elvis,the African gray Timneh`s ,cage through the cage bar & bit his toenail off. He bled for 2 days. I felt as though it was all my fault. When we first got him  about 25 years ago, he was already missing the top of a toe on the same foot to another macaw. So, I have put him & Zeba back out on my enclosed porch. I believe the gym is fixed so she can`t get down now. Jerry was down once, but she may have pushed him down. They both go to the vet next week for nail, beak,& wing grooming. I was to take them 6 months ago & couldn`t. Melissa has been this way since Rich died. She was his bird, though he hadn`t spent much time with her before he died. She may be going into a " I wanna breed now mode" too since they are both open & free together. I will consult with the vet.
Taking it day to day, I know my future, I know it is all good for God takes care of me.

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

God Bless You, my new Friend!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

JoJo said...

Nice butterfly pics on the butterfly bush! I know that it's hard to deal w/ Rich's stuff. It took my mom quite awhile to weed through my dad's stuff too.

Karen said...

Beautiful butterfly captures.
I am sorry you are having such a hard time.