Thursday, May 1, 2014

Updates

The beautiful newborn baby bunnies passed.I had my first meltdown then about all that is happening now.But,as I was looking on facebook,I came across a place for grief,& this woman had a blog & she was speaking about how hard it is to pick up & do what your spouse normally does-his part in the household.It really,really helped me.I am not the only one.I admit,my husband has always done most of what he wants to,I enjoy mowing the grass,however,he would be the one who would put air in the tires,or make sure it was running for me.
It seems everything goes against me,the homeowners insurance-we have been with them for at least 20 years-wants to bundle car & home.So,they came out to inspect our home.They want me to tear down a building we put our wood under,cut limbs from over the house-which there are none-get rid of our little car that needs repairs,well,it is only 2 months behind in registration,I just haven`t gotten it repaired yet since there`s so much for me to do.Our woodstove has a number,that was VERY important for some reason,but they wanted a contractor or the fire company to say it was safe.Oh,my.I actually got a certified letter about all of this.Also,there are "buckets" in the yard.What?!!! I left the buckets there as I was using them to clean up the yard,I am handicapped & use them to move stones,ect.Gee...
I do have people to talk  to vent.My husband`s sister-in-law-my girlfriend,Linda,has been so helpful as I bend her ears about things.I don`t know what I`d do without her as she has been through it,losing my dh`s brother 2 years ago to cancer,he was younger than my dh.
My husband was really bad over the weekend,so when the nurse called Mon.,I asked her for a visit.She examined him & said that he has fluid again,& she believed his ammonia level was high.She drew blood,took it to the hospital on ice,the doctor called & wanted him admitted right away,his level was dangerously high.Well,he wouldn`t go.I slipped the lactulose in his gingerale so he`d start pooping that out-it is the only way to get the level down,& the doctor gave me permission to give it to him that way when he won`t take it for me.That is the only med I have trouble giving,it is liquid & he hates it because it does make him go...a lot.
So,he didn`t go,the nurse had off Tues.,Wed.around supper she called & said he still needs to go & be admitted,or they were discharging him & he`d have to go with hospice.We don`t want hospice as he is not ready,so our son & I loaded him up & took him in.I told her that he was better & did not need to go,but they said no way could we have gotten that level down,it was 111 or something.Since he wasn`t a direct admission,they wanted us to go by the er,they`d have the paperwork.
Well,guess what,after hours in there,his level was down to 33 & they saw no reason to admit him,so I ended up paying our $50 co-pay for un necessary er treatment.This is the way things are going..I am very thankful though that he didn`t need to stay,one less thing to worry about.
I tried to make some changes to the look of my blog,& things didn`t go right.They didn`t want to place the cardinal photo on this color of background.What? Well,it finally went through,but I couldn`t stretch it out across the screen like I wanted.I didn`t have time to mess around with it anymore....so,leaving you with pictures of the collies,Savannah,my son,& pictures taken at Easter.
Mia loves giving hugs & kisses
Belle & Simon
Savannah & Chloe


 
Simon photo bombs this pic of me,surrounded by love,the pets seem to know when I hurt,son took the pic

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Phyllis,
So sorry to hear of all that has come your way this past week. It is a hard burden to shoulder. On top of that to be harassed by the insurance company. If you remember I went through that a year and half ago and almost didn't have insurance. I had to cut down trees, move an entire winters supply of wood further away from the house, and 'clean up' some things like buckets (what is it with buckets???) from out of the yard. (all in five days) It was a mess, but thankfully I finally got a company to go with me, despite the wood stove. (and they DO get all excited about wood stoves!).

Take care of yourself, and you will be in my prayers. The dogs are so gorgeous and I'm sure a blessing.

Tammy

Tammy said...

Hi Phyllis,
So sorry to hear of all that has come your way this past week. It is a hard burden to shoulder. On top of that to be harassed by the insurance company. If you remember I went through that a year and half ago and almost didn't have insurance. I had to cut down trees, move an entire winters supply of wood further away from the house, and 'clean up' some things like buckets (what is it with buckets???) from out of the yard. (all in five days) It was a mess, but thankfully I finally got a company to go with me, despite the wood stove. (and they DO get all excited about wood stoves!).

Take care of yourself, and you will be in my prayers. The dogs are so gorgeous and I'm sure a blessing.

Tammy

tiptoethruphylsgarden.blogspot.com said...

Tammy,I thought about you & remembered the trouble you had with getting homeowners insurance,what a lot of work you had,I am thinking of going to someone else for insurance after the way they conducted themselves,by the time I got my coat on to go out in the rain with the guy-& he came on a Sun.,of all days!,he was gone!I never thought he`d write a report like that,the man who did the inside was really nice,phyllis

Joyful said...

So sorry to hear what you have to go through. I remember when my sister was battling for life in the hospital and had to deal with some of these irritations. It is so difficult. But thankfully you have someone to vent to and family members to help here and there. I know it still isn't easy.

Lovely photos and I see the pic of your sponsored girl. She is so cute.

JoJo said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the bunnies and your husband's deteriorating condition. Insurance companies are a joke. I wanted to bundle my HO ins w/ my car and they told me I had to do all kind of ridiculous things to my house...either remove the wood stove pipe to prove we don't use it, or extend the brickwork pad that it sat on. I told them I was not tearing apart my family room for that and we'd just have to stay unbundled.

Aleta said...

Hi Phyllis - I'm sorry for all you've been going through! And the insurance company being ridiculous on top of it. I think they just look for something -- anything -- to make you jump through hoops.
I love your pictures; it looks like you had a great Easter!
You continue to remain in my prayers -
Love you - Aleta

Debra said...

Phylliso-I'm so sorry about all the hard things you are going through. Please know you and your husband are in my prayers.
I think the photo of you surrounded by your animals says it all-they love you so much. I do too.